Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Come On And Get My Love" by Cathy Dennis (with D-Mob)



Birthday wishes go out today to Cathy Dennis, the British singer-songwriter and Simon Fuller acolyte who scored a major dance floor sensation of her own in 1990 with D Mob, providing guest vocals for the single C'mon and Get My Love; the song provided my friends and me with some superlative cardio for the two months or so it held the DJ's attention at Top Drawer, which is the club in Ottawa I used to frequent, way back in the day.

Taken from the album Move To This, it got as high as #15 on the UK singles chart, and even higher - #10 - in the US on Billboard's Hot 100.

She's had much better luck as a songwriter, with seven of her compositions attaining the #1 spot in the UK, including Toxic (recorded by someone named Britney Spears) and Can't Get You out of My Head, which made Kylie Minogue a big deal in the United States again after twenty years of massive success everywhere in the English-speaking world but there.
*
share on: facebook

No comments: