Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Homophobia's Day in Court

This from Towleroad...

Anyone who says that the gay in "That's so gay" isn't the same as the gay that's used to describe me is a damn liar, and probably someone who says "That's so gay" as well.

I do feel bad for the little girl, though, to have to learn this hate where it's hardest to refute - in the home. Hopefully, as long as her parents don't decide to home school her, it shouldn't progress much past this, and maybe some of the damage done to her can be remedied as she moves up through the grades.
share on: facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I have to start using other people's slurs.

Och, that's sooooo black!

michael sean morris said...

Careful. That kinda talk'll get you killed.

However, whenever I'm around one of those "That's so gay" people and do something stupid, I will say "That's so hetero" for awhile. Then I usually employ the rest of my sophisticated diplomacy, like sticking out my tongue or giving the finger.

It usually gets the point across.