Monday, April 23, 2007

Crusader Causes Conservative Conniptions

He said he'd do it, and now it appears that he just might do it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketHaving just picked myself up off the floor from the mere possibility that a politician might actually (gasp!) keep a campaign promise, it looks as though New York governor Eliot Spitzer is prepared to introduce a bill legalizing same-sex marriage in that state.

Whoops! There I go again. Having just typed the words I reread them and once more hit the floor.

Even though I am highly skeptical of most politicians, that's only to be expected from a bitter, cynical person such as myself. This may come as a surprise to some of you, but it's a well-known fact that politicians lie, and even when they tell the truth they do so with an agenda. Nevertheless, Spitzer seems to have integrity, which thus far his actions have demonstrated.

Of course, this is by no means a fait accompli; even if it passes, a very large if, its opponents will never stop trying to overturn it, stooping to any depth to do so. Rather than dwell on that, though, I suppose I can allow a celebratory mood around here for awhile. If I must.

Do not mistake this for complacency, you haters out there. Oh no. It's just that I do need to lighten up occasionally so that my head doesn't explode.
share on: facebook

No comments: