Friday, May 25, 2007

Trafalgar Square Becomes Trafalgar Park

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThis weekend, at least, going down to Trafalgar Square for grass won't necessarily involve breaking the law.

As part of a promotion attempting to draw people out of the congested heart of London and into its green spaces, more than 2000 square metres of turf were laid in the iconic plaza. After two days, the turf will be reused at Bishop's Park in Hammersmith and Fulham.

I love the idea of this promotion. I have long been a supporter of intra-city tourism, not that such a thing is that easy to do in a city as small as Vancouver. But for London the idea is dead brilliant.

[S O U R C E]
share on: facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That has to be the most English thing I've ever heard of....Moved all that turf into the middle of the city for a temporary fake park, then take it all back again in 2 days. Hah!

Gavin said...

Just tagged you with a meme. I know some people think these are a nuisance so if you aren't interested I won't be offended! :)

michael sean morris said...

I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds interesting.