Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Centipede" by Rebbie Jackson



Few people seem to remember Rebbie Jackson, and even fewer her 1984 hit Centipede - but I sure do! In fact, it's on my iPod as we speak. The song was produced by her younger brother Michael Jackson, and features a wild video, in which the eldest Jackson sibling works her red dress for all it's worth.

It's her birthday today, and I'd wish her one, except she's a Jehovah's Witness, and as such doesn't celebrate birthdays; still, I couldn't resist the urge to post this video today.
*
share on: facebook

2 comments:

Seumas Gagne said...

That puts the V back in vulgar! Before this, it was down to just "ulgar." Leave it to the Jacksons.

michael sean morris said...

Yes, I really like the song, but the video has all of those things which made the 80s a nightmare. I thought the lightning bolts shooting from her hands was pretty cool though - just like in Diablo!