Sunday, May 09, 2010

"Party Hard" by Andrew W.K.



In 2001 - the year his album I Get Wet was released - it seemed like Andrew W. K. was everywhere all at once; then, just as quickly, he was gone. There's nothing so strange about that, I guess, since for every Sheryl Crow and John Mayer I have taken to championing early and often there's been an Adam Cohen waiting to prove that even the most astute pundits among us are basically just grasping at straws when it comes to ascertaining the zeitgeist.

On the bright side, the music remains - in this case, a hybrid of dance and metal that was unusually fresh for its time and which, in my case at least, remains freighted with happy memories of my miserable job, crumbling relationship, and self-destructive frame of mind. Good times...

Best wishes on your 30th birthday, Andrew W. K. - wherever you are.
*

share on: facebook

No comments: