Monday, May 17, 2010

"Stumblin' In" by Great Big Sea



While we're on the subject of Alan Doyle, here's one of Great Big Sea's typically buoyant up-tempo ditties*, sung by the man himself; from the band's 2002 album Sea of No Cares, it's Stumblin' In, a song which could so easily be about me, I could sue them for the improper use of my likeness rights. Then again, I suppose I'm not the only schmuck in the world who's socially clumsy, so maybe I won't risk it!

If you like the video, the band's Great Big DVD from 2003 features this plus a dozen others, an output remarkable for its variety, joie de vivre, and consummate musicianship. Like the entire rest of of their output, it comes most highly recommended from all of us at the Pop Culture Institute.

*As opposed to one of their heartfelt ballads, at which they also excel.
*
share on: facebook

1 comment:

michael sean morris said...

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: No little fishies were harmed during the making of this video; the one you see here was added in post-production thanks to the wizardry of computer animation.