Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand



Birthday wishes go out today to Paul Thomson, drummer for Scottish wunderkinds Franz Ferdinand, whose self-titled debut album spawned a massive hit with Take Me Out. Its super-trippy video was directed by Jonas Odell as an homage to the iconic animations of Terry Gilliam.

In my career as a night porter I once met Franz Ferdinand at the height of their fame; I can report that not only are they super cute in person, they're also wee - but they were perfectly lovely to me. I stored their gear for them in a board room, and even though I didn't get a tip - something about it not being in their tour budget - they all thanked me. When you're the night porter, politeness is worth more than mere money.
*
share on: facebook

No comments: