Friday, April 16, 2010

"Son Of A Preacher Man" by Dusty Springfield




For obvious reasons, I've always been fond of the song Son of a Preacher Man; long before I knew that it was uber-cool white soul goddess Dusty Springfield who was responsible for it, I was humming (and even singing) along to its dulcet tones with somewhat less than dulcet tones of my own, which made for more than one awkward moment between me and my fifth grade teacher I can tell you.

Today would have been Dusty Springfield's 71st birthday; had she not succumbed to breast cancer just weeks before her 60th birthday, the Pop Culture Institute is certain she'd be singing still - and cannot verify either way whether she is or isn't anyway - except to say that thanks to the various and sundry miracles of modern technology not only will she always be with us, she will continue expanding her fan base from the great beyond...
*
share on: facebook

No comments: