Friday, February 16, 2007

Another New Era Dawns

It's always a new era here at the Pop Culture Institute, where every iota of progress is celebrated all out of proportion to its actual worth. Where every Wednesday is a statutory holiday. Where men are men and women are welcome (as long as they bring more men). You get the point.

This new era, on the other hand, represents a fair dollop of progress, so you can imagine the party mood around here tonight, even at this late hour. The clowns are well drunk, even the tumbling monkeys are exhausted, yet the donkey riding the unicycle looks like he could go on for hours. I guess I have no one to blame but myself, since I'm the one who gave him the cocaine.

Tomorrow marks the arrival of a new 21" wide screen LCD monitor, and a 1GB memory for my camera. Each in their own way, these two items mark a clear milestone in my career; the chip means I can begin filmmaking in a serious fashion, as well as financing these films through things like event photography. The monitor, because it can be photographed, will allow me greater flexibility in the projects I will be able to do, such as "The Hump Day Show", ITVN's very own weekly newsmagazine vidcast.

It's also time to put aside adding to the collections for awhile, and begin building portfolios. Instead of studying content, it's time to start creating content. Which is not to say I'll be entirely able to resist the temptation if, say "Are You Being Served?" or something of that ilk should tumble across my path while I'm on my travels. Just that, having spent a long time sowing, it's time to reap.

As you can probably tell by the layered metaphors, my mind is going a million miles an hour right now. Projects which have previously been in pre-pre-production are now into pre-production, and suddenly all these dreams are becoming real.

What a great time it is to be me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
share on: facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link to the monitor you picked. I'm curious.

michael sean morris said...

Viewsonic. Not exactly the Samsung or Mac monitor I want yet, but some day...