Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Neil Tennant

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketI realize this is a rubbish picture of him (since it's more than twenty years old now) but this is how he looked the first time I saw him - in the video for West End Girls - so in a way this is how he will always look to me... That was when, once upon a time in a high school fantasy, I decided I wanted to move to London and marry Neil Tennant.

Of course, having seen Neil Tennant, I immediately thereafter saw Chris Lowe and totally changed my mind; it was only a couple of years later, when I heard them both talking bollocks about the Queen, though, that I moved on. Ah youth... Nowadays, of course, I still harbour fantasies of moving to London, even though I'm not about to let some schoolboy crush keep me from my OBE.

Politics or not, Pet Shop Boys still rock my world, and a great deal of their charm is due to the droll vocal stylings of... Yes, you guessed it! Neil Tennant!
*
share on: facebook

No comments: