Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Rose Garden" by Lynn Anderson



My own performing debut was singing this song a cappella for assembled family members (with my mother on harmony) the Christmas I was five. Therefore, it's always had a special place in my heart; also included in my set that evening was Delta Dawn.

Though principally remembered for the song (I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden (written by Joe South), Lynn Anderson had a string of hits on the country charts in the 1970s, including Top of the World, which she took to Number One before The Carpenters did. But Rose Garden was her biggest hit by far on the pop charts, thanks almost entirely to music industry guru Clive Davis, who made the decision to release it as a single.

Lynn Anderson today turns 63.
*
share on: facebook

No comments: