Saturday, February 05, 2011

"Hell Hole" by Spinal Tap



A couple of years ago now*, in honour of Christopher Guest's birthday, only the video for Spinal Tap's Hell Hole** seemed appropriate, especially in light of the problems my friends and I were facing at the time... Thankfully, we've all come through it all in triumph - just in time for the new Great Depression to kick in***!

Well, it's a mean old world - and as the racists and conservatives lose ground they're determined to make it even meaner (because that's what Jesus would do) - but I for one refuse to engage them on their terms. Oh, I'll still insult them and swear at them and demean them, but I'll do so on my terms and not theirs - proactively, rather than reactively, if you will.

The lesson in there for all of us is that it's not the horrible, ugly, unfair things that happen in life that matter, it's how we choose to deal with them that define us. Personally, I choose to deal with them childishly, and in doing so keep myself young, all in an effort to live long enough to dance on their hateful graves...

*This post was first published in 2008.
**Which originally appeared on their
1984 album
This Is Spinal Tap.
***Kidding! Kinda...
*

share on: facebook

No comments: