Sunday, July 04, 2010

"America" by Simon and Garfunkel



In honour of the Fourth of July (and by way of reparations for the last video I posted) I decided to choose a decidedly more patriotic clip to show this time around.

America first appeared on the 1968 Simon and Garfunkel album Bookends, and is one of my favourite songs about the US; when I first posted it, I used a now lost clip from The Concert in Central Park* - a reunion of former harmonizers Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, who broke up in 1970 but seem to have stayed on pretty good terms despite it all. I've had to replace it now with a newer clip of them performing the song on Late Show with David Letterman.

*As many as 750,000 people attended the concert, which was held on the Great Lawn of New York City's Central Park in September 1981.
*
share on: facebook

No comments: