Friday, September 03, 2010

"Dum" by Vivek Oberoi



My ongoing fascination with Bollywood superstar Vivek Oberoi is now entering its fourth year; although his only previous appearance on the Pop Culture Institute came when he was awarded the distinctly dubious honour of the Gratuitous Brunette* - all the way back in April 2007, before I'd hit on the brilliant idea of posting such things on people's birthdays - I'm always looking for new and subtle ways to work this lovely man's face and work into the mix...

He appears here today on the occasion of his 34th birthday, performing the title track to a film he made in 2003. I gather from the reviews at Amazon that the movie is about a one-man crusade to rid the police force of corruption. While dancing.

Sounds good to me!

*He was, in fact, one of the first to receive this accolade (or should I call it an ecch-olade?).
*
share on: facebook

No comments: