Monday, November 01, 2010

"Witness" by Bo Bice



[WARNING: If you are Gavin of Y|O|Y, you may want to skip the story and just enjoy the video; if you do choose to proceed, don't say I didn't warn you. This post is definitely NSFG*.]

While I am generally at a loss for new and better ways to excoriate the televised karaoke dreck-fest that is American Idol (not to mention its ilk of many nations, which are spreading through the music industry like carefully pre-packaged cancers) every so often even I have to admit that occasionally a unique and compelling talent manages to shine through, which is certainly the case with birthday boy Bo Bice.

Of course, he may have been too unique and compelling, which is why he was only a runner-up, while winner Carrie Underwood has gone on to inspire a generation of girls to get on up out of that trailer park and make something of themselves - providing they're pretty, stacked, and can convincingly sound like every other female vocalist in the country format.

Witness is the first single from Bice's 2007 second album See the Light; the video was directed by Ramon Boutviseth, who won an online contest held by the band Incubus to direct the video for their song Dig.

*Not Suitable For Gavin, guh!
*

share on: facebook

2 comments:

Gavin said...

My ex looks similar to Bo Bice sans the long hair. Carrie reminds me of Faith Hill whom I adore!

michael sean morris said...

I know what a fan you are of the show; I'm glad you took the post in the spirit with which it was intended - namely as cranky punditry. I certainly don't go out of my way to criticize the show, since it's hugely popular it must be on to something.