Friday, April 20, 2007

It's 4/20 Y'All!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the first year in five I haven't celebrated accordingly, in keeping with my new standard of sobriety. Not to worry, I'm not all preachy about it, like some people who quit and act like they're all that because they did. I just decided that it was getting in the way of my writing, since it tends to de-motivate me. I've wanted to be a writer forever, so the solution was obvious.

Plus, there's no way my life right now is at a place where I want it in a holding pattern, so it's no smoke for me until it is. Not to mention what it does to my syntax, which is already somewhat tortured, or, if you prefer, complex. Just so you don't think I'm all virtuous, there isn't a moment when I don't think about smoking it, I just don't.

Willpower, after all, is a verb; it's something you do, not something you have.
share on: facebook

No comments: