Monday, May 03, 2010

Gratuitous Brunette: Rob Brydon

PhotobucketMy first pop culture encounter with Rob Brydon was in the third series of Little Britain, in which he plays Roman DeVere - a tiny man torn between two very large women*. Then, as will happen, I took my piqued curiosity straight to YouTube and the rest, as they say, is hours of wasted time justified as 'research' - which some would call 'procrastination' and still others would call 'the tail wagging the dog'**.  Not to mention the fact that my Welsh accent bears a striking resemblance to his - although not in any way that might be considered actionable...

Born on this day in 1965 in Swansea, Brydon has earned a following so large that it would have Bubbles and Desiree seething with jealousy, thanks in part to regular appearances in sitcoms like Marion and Geoff, I'm Alan Partridge, and Gavin and Stacey and guest shots on quiz shows like QI, Have I Got News for You, and of course the quiz show spoof sitcom that is Rob Brydon's Annually Retentive.

*Actually, one large and one normal-sized man each in an oddly disturbing rubber lady suit - but you get the point.
**In other words, am I doing the research for the blog, or did I start the blog to justify the thousands of squandered hours I've spent absorbing this crap?
*

share on: facebook

No comments: