Monday, April 05, 2010

Gratuitous Brunette: Haruma Miura

In the interest of full disclosure I must say that I'd never heard of Haruma Miura until research uncovered his name, and further research revealed he'd be a suitable candidate for Gratuitous Brunette...

PhotobucketStill, seeing as the Pop Culture Institute's agenda supports a fair and equitable globalization* it only seems right to highlight a multi-talented actor and singer (formerly with J-pop sensations Brash Brats) from Japan rather than using this space to witter on about some one-hit wonder from the Eighties who just happens to be from the UK.

Born on this day in 1990, Miura's career began when he was just 5; alas, my complete ignorance of Japanese culture - not to mention my inability to read the language - means that all I'm able to glean about him is from his woefully inadequate English-language Wikipedia page.

If you speak Japanese you might want to check out his official website, or if you are a fan of that manga-esque stuff that makes me feel slightly uneasy you might want to leave a comment.

*Translation: Don't care where it gets hits from.
*
share on: facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon!!! popcultureinstitute.blogspot.com is one of the best resourceful websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. Keep it that way.