Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gratuitous Brunette: Harry Connick, Jr.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The day that gay rumours about birthday boy Harry Connick Jr. emerged started out very well; alas, I woke up just as he was about to propose to me, so I may never know how things turned out...

In the meantime, I guess I'll have to make do with the fruits of his ever-fertile career: at last count at least 26 CDs, 19 movie roles, and television appearances galore, during which he can always be counted on to be charming and humourous.

Once, on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, I saw him sing a single song like a dozen of his favourite performers, from Mel Torme to Judy Garland, effortlessly morphing between them, which was merely a glimpse into the breadth of his talent. And yet for all the inane videos of guys getting kicked in the nads and Perez Hilton talking and what-not do you think I can find that clip anywhere on YouTube? No!

(Not that I'm bitter...  Much.)
*
share on: facebook

No comments: