Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor



Like I need a reason to a) play this song, or b) say hey to the classy lady who sings it. Heyheyhey! I do, however, have a very specific reason today; namely that it's her birthday! Why, of all people, should Gloria Gaynor not be allowed to benefit from her own cheerleading?

For everything the song I Will Survive means to all those who hold it dear, I can only say that it means more to me with each passing crisis. It's so much more than a disco love song, so much more than a gay anthem, it's a reminder that all troubles pass - a lesson too easily forgotten, especially in times when we are beset (or feel beset, anyway) by those troubles. Given the innumerable gifts I as her fan have received from her, how can I not then return the favour?
*
share on: facebook

No comments: